We are excited to announce the release of Update 1.2.3 (and yes, this actually is the version number)! As the other updates, this one is again addressing performance and delivers various gameplay improvements. A lot of the issues that have been reported are fixed now – but if you find that an issue you reported hasn’t been addressed yet, feel free to comment or join the discussion on our Discord!
Apart from the improvements to performance and bugfixes, the most noticeable change is the introduction of the Aim Assist feature for shooting missions. It’s enabled by default, but you can jump into the game settings and disable it if you feel that you want to keep the extra challenge without Aim Assist.
Aim Assist helps you to aim more precisely when playing with a gamepad. It works by snapping the crosshair to the target when the crosshair is at close distance to the target you’re aiming at. This allows you to target and track enemies precisely with ease.
We hope you will enjoy these improvements and that they add even more fun to your gaming experience. As always, we appreciate your feedback and suggestions, so please feel free to share them with us in the comments or our Discord.
Here is the complete list of changes for this update:
- Added Aim Assist for shooting missions while playing with controller. Aim Assist can be toggled on or off in the options menu.
- In shooting missions, enemies now have a faster patrol cycle and move slightly faster if they were alarmed at least once by the player.
- Adjusted AI difficulty for mission “Undercover Investigation” to increase the odds of completing it.
- Added number of total fast travel points to the statistic.
- Changed some dialogue options in “Procedural Accident” missions to prevent multiple confessions from the perpetrator in the case caused by excessive speed and added the option to select the made confession even if no evidence for it was found.
- Fixed warning vest for civil cloths of player showed “Polizei” caption.
- Fixed a possible soft lock occurring in mission “Under Surveillance” after the intro cutscene finished. It occurred only randomly on different hardware configurations. We added a safeguard which prevents the game from getting stuck.
- Fixed a bug in mission “Danger of Explosion!” which caused the rescued victims not being counted correctly if you saved some of them, failed the mission and then retried it.
- Fixed some characters not looking at the correct points of interest in dialogues.
- Fixed a positioning error in the interrogation cutscene in mission “The Last Race” which caused the smart phone to be moved on its own.
- Fixed gloves of player character being influenced by the accident securing scene. Now they do not get colored yellow anymore.
- Fixed some clipping issues with player clothes.
- Fixed an error in the logic of the accident case for the stone thrower which caused the conclusion of the accident not being correctly registered.
- Fixed a randomly occurring bug which could cause the vehicles in missions of type “Broken Down Cars” to be flipped upside down.
- Fixed rank task for completing “Hold Up” missions accidentally also counting failed tasks.
- Fixed a bug in “Traffic Controls” of buses which could prevent some of the fine reasons to be registered properly.
- Fixed radio call for two involved vehicles in “Procedural Accidents” plays even if there is only one vehicle involved.
- Improved camera positioning in “Broken Down Car” missions.
- Improved lighting in rest stops.
- Adjusted police vehicle lights for the different times of day, especially at dawn some of the lights were too bright.
- Improved some menu transitions especially from the options menu back to the main menu and in the challenge mission board.
- Improved streaming of audio sources to reduce the used memory at runtime.
- PC Only: added VSync to graphics options.