With version 1.2.0 alongside various stability improvements we have a big content update for all the police officers out there. Here is a list of the most noticeable changes:
- The mission type “Hold Ups” is now available. They are available on the mission board in the police department if you have completed the mission “Hold-up!” on rank 20. You’ll be aiding shop owners and gas station clerks that fall victim to gangsters in these all-new side quests.
- We’ve made a whole lot of improvements to how the shooting gameplay works, making shootouts more challenging and less repetitive
- Your cars can now be damaged if you crash too much into road furniture and other vehicles. If your vehicle is damaged too much, you’ll be automatically towed to the next repair garage, which you can find all over the world. If you want to fix your vehicle up, you can also visit one yourself. You can disable car damage in the options menu if you don’t want to play with the added realism and challenge though.
- Added construction zones on highways. They spawn randomly in different parts of the world, annoying everyone. There’s nothing better than catching an annoyed speeder that puts construction workers in danger
- You may have already noticed, but when you approach the higher ranks you have a lot of vehicles in the parking lot! And the number may even grow in the future… To not run out of space in the parking lot, we’re introducing the police garage! It’s located on a part of the old parking lot. All your vehicles are now stored in the garage while not used, and to select a different vehicle you can either interact with the garage door or just drive into the garage with your current vehicle.
- Ever wondered what the speed limit is on the road you’re driving on? Just like in real-life, you may miss the one or other speed sign, so we added a speed limit detector! The speed limit of the road you’re driving on is now always displayed in the lower right corner of the vehicle HUD. It’ll go red when you’re speeding – but luckily, you’re the police, so who should punish you but yourself? If you want to add to the realism, try to respect the speed limits – unless you’ve got emergency clearance of course!
- Stefan is now even more aware of his surroundings; he’ll follow you around if he can and tries to help as much as possible.
- We’ve changed the weighting of the kind of missions you receive via radio, so you get a more diverse range of calls now!
- If you’ve unlocked the “Empathy” or “Authority” upgrades in the Tech-Tree, perpetrators in accidents you receive via radio calls are now more likely to confess.
- Fixed a problem which allowed to start an additional mission while a mission was already running
- Fixed some localization issues
- Fixed various issues with timers not being properly updated after canceling a mission
- Fixed a bug in mission “The Last Race” which lead to the mission not being completable after a reset in the interrogation.
- Fixed radio calls sometimes triggered during challenge missions.
- Fixed an issue which caused bought donuts not being tracked correctly.
- Fixed an issue which caused a wrong dialogue path being selected if you try to retake a declined Story Mission from the colleagues in the police department.
- Fixed an issue with fades between the normal background music and action music. This could cause the sudden disappearance of the music.
- Fixed option for inverting y-axis not being properly applied in shooting and photo mode.
- NPC vehicles now have some drivers behind the wheels.
- Stability improvements.
- Further improvements for cutscenes.
- PS5: Fixed a bug where controller buttons disappeared after a controller was disconnected.
- PS4: Texture improvements.